Thursday, May 7, 2015

JOURNAL 6


            Raw Materials by Jane Maher stirred up many different thoughts and emotions inside me. I found it extremely admirable that Maher was teaching these women that were locked up for different crimes. It was inspiring that even though these women had tough, stressful lives, they still had the passion for education. It shows how sometimes I may take education for granted because I would complain about having papers to write or tests to study for while Maher was trying her best to promote this education program in prison for the women. Also the women were taking advantage of the education services they had, and were eager to learn. It makes me feel like I need to take advantage of the educational opportunities I have now and utilize it for something greater in my future. Their passion and eagerness to learn is very admirable.

            Reading the situations that some women been through prior to being in jail shows how strong they are mentally. It shows how they can overcome these despicable memories by utilizing education as a way of distracting themselves and feeling free from their real dilemmas. It shows how they are able to overcome the worst scenarios and become better; people can overcome any obstacle as long as they are determined to. This piece of literature was very inspiring and admirable.

No comments:

Post a Comment